Wednesday 27 May 2009

Playing again.

Thank you so much to all of you for being soooo kind and understanding, again. It's wonderful the way you all rally round. I'm still swimming through treacle, but at least I'm swimming now, not drowning. And I've decided I might start playing the game again, for a bit, see how it goes.

So here's a brief update. As I mentioned dad's back in hospital. They found a spot in one of the scans that they wanted to investigate. However while they were investigating they damaged his lung, as you do. So now he's puffed up like a bull frog and on a machine to pump the excess air out of where it shouldn't be. He looks very strange. At the moment they're saying he'll be in till Monday. So then we'll see. The annoying thing is they don't think this spot is actually anything anyway, so he's probably been through all this for nothing! Hurumph.

Now Anna willed Jamie to sleep, and it worked! For two night anyway. Ho hum. Still 4am this morning wasn't as bad as 1.25 the morning before.

But I have a wonderful escape hatch. He's called Edward and he's a vampire. Maybe it's the stress and lack of sleep, but I've developed a real thing for him. I know, I know you don't need to say it. I'll do you a deal. If you stop laughing, I'll stop baning on about it, ok?

9 comments:

Lane Mathias said...

If Edward helps, go for it!

Hope Jamie manages to let you have a little more sleep and hope your dad is feeling better very, very soon.

xxx

Deborah Carr (Debs) said...

I'm not laughing, good for you.

Glad to hear your father seems okay, and that Jamie is getting a bit more sleep. x

HelenMWalters said...

Sending hugs to you and your dad x

Annicles said...

SLEEEEEEEEP. Jamie - you want to sleep. You know you do.

Lots more sleeeeeeeeep thoughts coming your way!

Hope your dad feels better - maybe if you stuck a pin in him.....? No that's a bit too mean, even for me!

claire p said...

Lane, Debs; Maybe I just like red heads with attitude!! (I married one after all).

Annicles; I thought of the pin thing, send him whizzing round the hospital!

And thanks to all for your geed wishes, means a lot xxx

denise said...

Hi, my name is Denise and I'm brand new at blogging. A long time ago, through some kind of search, I can't even remember which, I saw your blog title and since I've been crazy about Cornwall ever since reading "The Shell Seekers", it immediately got my attention. I live in Texas and one thing I pray that I get to do before dying is to visit Great Britain. So, anyway, now that I'm getting my toes wet in the world of blogging, I thought I'd look at your sight again.
I'm not sure if I'm way over the # of words you can put in a comment or whatever but when I saw all the stuff you're going through, I instantly felt a connection with you and then I saw your comment about Edward and felt more of a connection. About Twilight, I'm right there with you - during a road trip last summer, my 14 yr. old daughter talked me into reading Twilight. Edward - I mean who wouldn't love a guy who more than anything wants to know what this girl THINKS? How cool is that. Since he can't read her thoughts, he listens so intently when she talks and then...actually asks questions and is genuinely INTERESTED in what she says! I could go on and on about the whole Twilight thing but I also want to say something to you that I'm not sure they say over there ~ Bless Your Heart. It's what you say when you are so sorry for what the person is going through and want them to know that you care. Please take care of yourself and escape to Forks as often as you can.

Paulene Angela said...

As if your dad needs anymore hassle and you come to think of it. Here's hoping he gets out of that place a.s.a.p.

Happy you found your escape hatch, we need them.

claire p said...

jeriden; welcome! There are so many closet Twiglighters out there it seems!

Paulene; It never rains but it pours! But he's fine, and putting on weight at last.

Casdok said...

Glad to hear your dad is the road to recovery. Sounds like a nightmare.
Sleep deprivation is no fun, hope you have better luck tonight.