Thursday 7 May 2009

My son has a haream!

It seems our five year old son is already pulling the ladies. I think there must be a flirt gene inherited from his father. Richard still has the ability to make grown women go all unnecessary. It's quite funny to watch actually. He's completely unaware he's doing it, most of the time. And so is Jamie.

At school most of the teachers and TA's are female. And in the morning they actually fight to get to him, to be the one to have him for the day! He has no idea, I don't think.

And then on Saturday after swimming we stayed on to have lunch with Richard. One of the owners of one of the cottages was there doing some laundry. She's never had children and fell for Jamie right away. By the time we went home they were on the floor together feeding her dog bits of biscuits. This was after we had met one of the couples staying in another cottage. They are a great old couple with a little Westie dog. Anyway she went all gooey over Jamie, who just stood there stimming, completely unaware of the fuss he was creating.

The trouble is that none of these adoring women are around at three in the morning when he decides it's time to get up. I was stupid enough to think that a couple of weeks of reasonable sleep patterns meant a break through. Oh No! Stupid, stupid mummy! In three days he has woken at 2.30am, 4.30am and 3.10am (this morning). I can cope with it, normally. Unless daddy decides to stick his nose in. Jamie finally went back to sleep this morning about 5ish. Richard went to the bathroom just before 6 and decided to look in on him. He was asleep on the floor with his face pressed against the wardrobe. Not the most comfortable position granted. But rather than let sleeping children lie Richard decided to move him back to bed! This was after he had slept through all the earlier fuss. And I knew he would go right back to sleep, leaving me to deal with Jamie when he woke back up. I could have slapped him! Luckily for him Jamie didn't wake. In fact I had to wake him to get him ready for school.

Why do men always think they know better?

18 comments:

Halo said...

Aww bless him :) and of course no ones around when the little tinkers are up all hours of the night ;)Well apart from us mummies :)

Paulene Angela said...

I told you Jamie looks like a little charmer. There is one of your photographs where you cannot miss it.

Max my son has the ability to get strangers to massage his (clean)feet. I can see his father looking on with a twinkle in his eyes.

Hey like father like son, they try it on.

French Fancy... said...

men never listen do they?

Michelle said...

I have a son with a harem too. He has a number of adoring female followers (he is 7), most of which he considers unwelcome.
Connor had a cleft lip when he was born and I always worried about whether he would be teased, however he is blessed with a great personality and huge blue eyes with enormous eyelashes!!
What is it with men's ability to sleep through any disturbance in the wee hours??
Michelle
x

HelenMWalters said...

You're obviously surrounded by real charmers x

Deborah Carr (Debs) said...

Hmph, I've no idea why they always think they know better, but for some reason they do.

Hope you get a better nights sleep tonight.

Lane Mathias said...

He's a little star. Everyone can see that:-)

tracey (aka rainbowmummy) said...

Dear Claire, I don't know how you do it. I know we all cope if we have to, but having had Egg not sleep I know how hard it is. He would get up at midnight-2am and that would be it. I was an awful mum at this point, and was exahusted. I hope that ne day this matter is solved, is anyone helping you with this. I know the relationship tension, I used to almost cry if ED had to go to the loo before bed, in fact even the walk from living room to bed room, as I knew the noise would wake him. Claire, I would if I could come round, just once a week to help, is there anyone that can? I know that I am stuggling as I feel so alone just now. I have just put up a happy happy post then as soon as Egg comes home it all turns to shit. I spent the whole after school time in a living nightmare. Know you have people Claire, that you can talk to. I don't live with a non sleeper now, but I used to, so I can understand what it's like.

lovexxxxx

Anonymous said...

I told you Jamie looks like a little charmer.
allergist nyshipbrokerage

Luckyluke said...

Change will never happen when people lack the ability and courage to see themselves for who they are.solar panelExtended Warranty

letrunghieu said...

Aww bless him :) and of course no ones around when the little tinkers are up all hours of the night ;)Well apart from us mummies :)

scor kvinder onlineIs Proactol Plus Safe?

letrunghieu said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
createforumsfree said...

Well-documented APIs (Application Programming Interfaces) and sample code are invaluable
to developers. They can help save a lot of development time.
Pfefferspray legal kaufenRehab New Jersey

createforumsfree said...

Differential thermal expansion of the
stone and unfilled epoxy may cause
cracking of the stone veneer. The
coefficient of expansion of epoxy and stone
should closely match.
immobilien schneller vermittelnLaser Augen

createforumsfree said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
createforumsfree said...

If you are new to writing and you want to promote your business, you should polish up your
skills before you start writing. Here are some article writing tips for you.
engineering companies brisbanefree text

createforumsfree said...

she ca wonderfulnot give
renos designer gifts like Pa wonderfulerai.Philippe. or Pconsumedk Philippe that represent true luxury until she
ca wonderful learn to try to behaudio-videoe with a wonderful cost of clbum.
EYE LASH EXTENSION TRAININGnegle gele

createforumsfree said...

“I'm very pleased with the work and turn around”
I got my article and I'm very pleased with the work and turn around.
I'd recommend this writer if you need articles written.
Webcamseksvents