Saturday 23 May 2009

I don't want to play this game any more.

Had a crap couple of days and I just don't want to play any more. It just never stops does it? You get through one thing and something else just pops up.
Dad's back in hospital. Exeter this time. It was suppose to be routine but has turned out to be more complicated. So now he's not coming out till Tuesday.
Jamie had his consultation with his neurosurgeon yesterday in Plymouth. He was running and hour and a half late! Still at least they have decided to finally go ahead with the shunt now. They have been humming and haring for three years about this. So one hurdle might be crossed at last.
We're going to have to call his sleep councilor in again. He's gone back to more bad nights than good. We've just had a 2.30am followed by a 4.30am.
The silly season is kicking in now and Richard has started dashing about all over the place already. I keep telling him to slow down and not cart all those heavy laundry bags around. But will he listen? So I'm bracing for another heart attack.

Then last night one of my mums oldest friends called. She's kind of a third aunt, I've known her all my life. She's lovely. And she called to say she also had cancer. And because mum's at Exeter with dad guess who's going to have to tell her the news?

I've decided that trying to be happy is just too painful. Every time I try someone pulls the rug out again. I'd rather spend my life already sitting on the floor. Then, at least, when that rug starts to go I won't get any broken bones, just a couple of extra splinters.

13 comments:

HelenMWalters said...

Sending hugs - and an email x

Halo said...

Sorry to hear things are tough at the mo. Sending you hugs (((hugs)))

Annicles said...

Life's a bitch.

Sending hugs and a shoulder to lean on.

tracey (aka rainbowmummy) said...

stch a peice of rug to the ass of your jeans. quick whilst th rug puller isn't looking!!!!

Blu said...

Bad stuff is always worse when you are very tired too. Life is always dishing out bad suprises. Try and deal with the things that you can improve?

DAB said...

Claire,(((( HUGS)))))

Life can be so shitty at times sometimes when you get over one major problem another one is just around the corner to slap you in the face. BUT then out of the corner of your eye you will see a beautiful rainbow forming. Keep writing and take good care of yourself. TFx

Tamsyn Murray said...

Awww, hugs. Hope you get a rainbow soon x

Deborah Carr (Debs) said...

When I've had times like yours in the past and it all seems so grim, I tried to remember that this too will pass. And eventually it does.

Sending you cyber hugs. x

French Fancy... said...

you must be stuck in the u-bend of the slippery slope upwards. It will come - you will shift a bit towards the good side soon - it has to happen. In the meantime I'm thinking of you and wishing you well

xx

Paulene Angela said...

I know how you feel Claire, the last 18 months for myself and family have been more than difficult and on some days unbearable. It's not that I always try to put a brave face, I think I am have become numb, may be that's the butt stuck to the floor syndrome.

I am working hard on my optimistic side, I still love life despite all the crap.
(((Hugs))) for you.

Lane Mathias said...

((((hugs))) Claire. Things are tough for you but you gotta keep playing sweetie. I hope there's some good things for you very soon. Stay strong. xxxx

Marcie Steele said...

I was going to say that I don't know what to say and send you a hug but it looks like a raft of others beat me to it.

But I'll say it anyway. xx

DJ Kirkby said...

You have my permission to stop pretending to be happy! Sulk for a while, stamp your foot, frown. You've earned it. xo