Wednesday 18 February 2009

Loose Ends


This post is going to be a bit, well, bitty.
First of all thank you to all of you who wished me happy birthday.
Secondly I apologise in advance for not responding to comments or leaving comments on your lovely blogs over the nest couple of days. We are off to Bristol in the morning for an overnight stay at the Frenchey Hospital. Jamie has got to have another lumber puncture. Hopefully this time they will decide if he needs a shunt or not. I can't decide about it. There are a lot of risks with having it done, but then there are with having to keep having the LP's. Anyway think of me tomorrow night trying to sleep on the sofa bed thing on the children's ward and trying to stop Jamie waking the whole hospital up!
Yesterday we went with the Little Rays of Sunshine to The Musical Farmhouse. It's a fantastic place. The children had half an hour of music therapy and then went outside to play with the animals. Then we all went back in to a recording studio where the children made a CD. It's a really great place for special needs kids, but it would be just as much fun for any child. And it would be a lovely place for a birthday party, they could all make a CD to take home instead of the usual party bag.
On the subject of education and activity for special needs children Paulene has asked me to spread the word about a free course she is involved in. I don't know too much about it but it looks worth a visit. Go to her site to find out more.
And by the way Paulene I will be leaving the whole of Mulberry Gin on Writing not Reading until I have posted the whole thing. So you could read it all at once then if you like!
I have just finished the lovely DJ Kirkby's book. All I can say is if you haven't already got it, then go get it! It was brilliant. I want to give her so many hugs for some of the things she has been through. And Dick really is well named!! (and I can think of a few more things to call him).
So I think that's me for now. I should be back with you at the weekend. xxx.

12 comments:

Frankies' Cornish Farmyard Ramblings said...

Hope all goes well for you in Bristol. You are an inspiration to folk, you seem to see the positive through everything. God Bless.
Frankie

DAB said...

Take care m'dear. Hope all works out well for Jamie :) TFx

claire p said...

Frankie: Thank you. I've never thought of myself as a positive person. But others often see us better than we see ourselves.

TF: Fingers crossed! Will try and keep as sane as I ever am!!!

Lane Mathias said...

Happy Birthday Claire!

I hope everything goes well for Jamie (and you) at the hospital.

Take care and 'see' you when you get back. x

Paulene Angela said...

Okay I've added a note in my diary to hold a special thought for you all tomorrow regarding the hospital session.

Thanks for the message regarding the course, I've signed up as I've read up lots on dyslexia, so I am really keen on any new developments.

Sending you Lots Hugs and Extra Energy for tomorrow, plus give that little fellow a big kiss from me (x2 from Spain).

HelenMWalters said...

Best wishes for the next few days. I really hope it all goes well xxx

Exmoorjane said...

Thank you so much for your comment on mine....and I am so very sorry to hear that news. My thoughts are with you.... Janex

tracey (aka rainbowmummy) said...

Good Luck for tomorrow, really. If he is keeping everyone up tell them to move you, ha! Again good luck, I like the fact you are keeping your sense of humor with it!!

That place sounds amazing!!

Happy Birthdayxxx

Oh ps your blog is back (see e mail) I don't know what the hell is going on, but so far only uk issues.

Paulene Angela said...

Thanks Claire, I had a quick look at the Musical Farmhouse, it does look a fantastic place to visit.
Good Luck xxx

Leigh Forbes said...

Oooh, nights in hospital with small children? I wish you every calmness and success. Sympathies, love. Hope it goes okay.

Lucy Diamond said...

Hope it goes well for you and Jamie in Bristol. xx

Halo said...

Sorry i havent been around much, so belated happy birthday! and have a good trip and hope all goes well xx