Tuesday 3 February 2009

Catching up!


It snowed, and snowed and then snowed a bit more!! They sent Jamie home early from school yesterday and the school is closed today. We thought we got quite a lot yesterday. And then I got up this morning! I would say about 4 inches. Nothing to what a lot of the country has had, but this is Cornwall! We don't do snow down here!
Still we were prepared for it and had a trial run by going to the Eden Project on Sunday with the Little Rays of Sunshine and the CDSSG to go ice skating. As you can see Richard got on better than I did. Someone did take a photo of me clinging on to the rail for dear life, but they haven't sent it through yet. I may or may not post it, depending on how ridiculous I look. Anyway Jamie loved it, which was the main thing.
If you have never been to Eden then put it on your to do list. Worth it for the shop alone.
Now what else is there? You see I go off line for a couple of days and you all go romping off without me! Now the seriously funny rainbowmummy gave me the lovely award you see to the right. I would like to pass it on to Debs, Bonnie, Lane, Helen, Tom Foolery and Kernowcreations. In fact everyone on my blog roll deserves it, so go get it!
Blu tagged me the other day to post the 10th photo in my files. I will do this in a separate post in case it turn out to be something interesting that might need me to waffle on about. Then again it might be the accidental one I took of the carpet!
That will have to do for today. I think I might go and curl up by the fire and sleep for a bit if you don't mind. Jamie decided 2am was about the right time to get up this morning! I disagreed, but he wasn't listening. I wish I could develope selective deafness like that, it could come in very handy. If I could still hear the chocolate calling but not hear the ironing, that would be good.
Chapters 7 and 8 of MG are on WNR.

4 comments:

HelenMWalters said...

Ooh, lovely award! And haven't you been having an exciting time? I could do with selective deafness when the cats are all crashing around at 2 in the morning.

Lane Mathias said...

Wow skating with buggies. That could be a sport:-) Great fun for Jamie!

Thank you for the award. Very lovely:-)

claire p said...

Helen: At least there's only one of Jamie! Why do cats have to do things at unearthly times of the night?

Lane: I tell you the speed some of them were bombing round it could be an Olympic sport!

And you are both welcome to the award.

DAB said...

Selective deafness I'm going to try that one tomorrow. Speak up I can't hear you. Many thanks for my award so klnd - enjoy your nap :) TFx