Thursday 5 February 2009



As I said in the last post Blu tagged me to post the 10th photo in my file. Well I cheated I bit because the 10th photo was of one of my best friends wedding, and I wouldn't want to post photos of others without their permission. So this is one that interests me.

It's Pevensey Castle. One of my oldest and best friends lives just around the corner in a lovely old cottage with a huge garden, that she actually doesn't like very much!!

Still back to the photo. Is it me or does it look like a face? Two big eyes and an open mouth? And one raised eyebrow over the left eye. I expect the whole thing is covered in snow now. They have had it bad around there. But I bet it looks so gorgeous.

Sorry, I know so many of you are having a hell of a time with the snow. But I love it. Mind you I'm a stay at home mum and don't have to go out in it. I lit the wood burner just now and Jamie has the lovely taxi people to take him to school. So I can sit for a while and look out at next doors garden covered in snow.

I can't look out over my own garden because it runs along the side of the house. The whole village was once owned by the same family, more or less, and so it didn't matter that the layout was a little strange. Next doors garden is actually at the back of our house. Next door the other side has it's garden in two halves, and a house around the corner has a path running through it to get to their garden. All very odd. In our own house we have two flying freeholds. Our under stairs goes into next door. And Jamie's bedroom sits over their barn, that is attached to the end of our house. Confused? So were we.

The lovely Bonnie asked me once what I see from my windows. On Monday I took a couple of photos from the back door. I'll put them in the next post.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

All I have to say is beautiful!!!!

Also wanted to comment on how much fun it looked with Jamie @ the ice-skating excursion. I am so glad he enjoyed it!

(Oh if you want to position a picture on blogger, you can just click on it and drag it to where you want it to go but make sure you do all of your writing first because that usually throws things off when pictures are in the way. I hope this helps!)

Lane Mathias said...

Wow, I'm confused about the layout of your house but it sure sounds interesting:-)

And glad you're enjoying the snow, tucked up inside:-)

HelenMWalters said...

That's a great photo. Very atmospheric x

Blu said...

The last house that we lived in back in the UK, the gardens were all over the place, and we had a public footpath that ran behind the houses, so sometimes people looked into our kitchen. Things in France are even stranger!

Thanks for showing the photograph, I can see the face too. Blu

Deborah Carr (Debs) said...

I love that photo, and it does look exactly as you describe it. Wonderful.

Bonnie said...

so glad you get to stay in and enjoy! Thanks for letting us know what you see out your front window! I can't wait...and thanks for calling me "lovely"!

Frankies' Cornish Farmyard Ramblings said...

Love the picture, we sad people make objects out of clouds and get very excitied when another family member can see the same - wait a minute have they been having me on? Oh it's mum on one of her things again, humour her - probably! Well at least your photo cannot be argued it's clearly a face.
Frankie

Ava B said...

Good share