Monday 16 February 2009

Going Quackers!


We have got two new residents in the village.
They appeared yesterday wandering about on our verge. Today they were in a neighbours garden. We thought they had escaped from another neighbour who keeps ducks and geese. But as they are still wandering about they must be strays. They are quite tame though and I got even closer than this.
I tried to show them to Jamie. He looked at them and then looked at me as if to say 'yes they're duck, and?' So I gave up. Still he looked.
I'm in the closing stages of DV. I'm at the point of getting everyone together. I won't make my self imposed deadline of my birthday (Wednesday) but I'll not be far off. Then will come the editing. And we all know what that's like!
PS; His bottom has stopped exploding. Thank you for all your concern. Now we just have the small matter of a lumber puncture!

5 comments:

Lane Mathias said...

Wow, you live in a beautiful place!

Well done for almost finishing DV. Self imposed deadlines are soo hard so you deserve a bit of special birthday treat!

And glad Jamie is feeling better. x

DAB said...

Oh, I wonder if the ducks will lay some eggs for you . Have a great Birthday m'dear.Glad to hear no more exploding bottoms. Lumber puncture? TFx

DJ Kirkby said...

So glad Jamie is feeling better! I adore Mallards, they are my favourite ducks. So cute. No really, they are aren't they? Happy birthday for tomorrow! xo

Paulene Angela said...

Claire,

Firstly I am so happy that Jamie is better, everything seems to be put on hold when our children are poorly. Excuse me posting this on your blog, I could not find an email address, it is something that could be very interesting.

Please help me spread some exciting news regarding an absolutely free of charge course.

Over 15 weeks, it delivers to teachers, tutors, lecturers and home educators incisive insights and strategies - insights and strategies which can be put to use straight away, empowering bright children who have struggled with traditional academic learning.

"How do you explain to others why dyslexia is a gift...
...and how do you explain to teachers how dyslexic thinkers learn best?"

For more information http://www.whytyrannosaurusbutnotif.com

Thank you for your consideration.
Paulene Angela
www.maxisteps.blogspot.com

HelenMWalters said...

You're doing so well. Brilliant.