Tuesday 21 April 2009

Synopsis for Fiona.

A few weeks ago Fiona asked for other writers to post their synopsis. I thought this was a good idea because we know what happened and what's going to happen in our novels, but no one else does.

So this is the synopsis for Digging for Victoria. Please be honest, if it's crap or makes no sense then tell me. I need to get it right before I start subbing.


Synopsis for
Digging For Victoria.

When Fiona, Larissa and Izzie get to the top of the waiting list for the Long Meadow allotments they think they are just going to grow a few vegetables. In fact they grow much more. They grow friendships that will last a lifetime and other relationships they never thought possible. When they go into battle with the council over a proposed housing estate to be built on the allotments; when Fiona discovers her husband has been having a long term affair; and when Izzie discovers Oliver has left her with more than a broken heart the three women find they have more in common than they thought.

Because they really could’t be more different. Fiona has longed for a baby for longer than she can remember, and has lost more than she wants to count. Perhaps she should have done something with that law degree after all. Larissa loves everything that is pleasurable in life except love itself. She is never, ever going to get tied down. Until she meets Noah. But Noah is hung up on Izzie, who is hung up on Oliver. When Oliver left Izzie for America she was sure she would die. She soon discoverers she isn’t going to die, she’s going to have a baby.
Several sticks get grabbed by the wrong end.

Then there’s Connor Spence. He’s the man from the council, and the enemy to the allotments. But he has the most beautiful eyes Fiona has ever seen. They discover they hate each other in a way that means they can only ever end up in bed. And when Oliver turns up again things are set to become very complicated for all concerned.

17 comments:

DAB said...

I like this synopsis m'dear. Good luck in writing it all down. TFx

HelenMWalters said...

I would definitely want to read it. It sounds like you've got some really well developed ideas there x

Robert said...

I must admit that it's not my type of book, but the synopsis seems interesting with room for a twist at the end... As good as most stories of that genre. Go for it!

DJ Kirkby said...

What a great idea! I love how it centres around an allotment, excellent message there for health. I might post a synopsis from one of my books in progress on Sunday. x

Paulene Angela said...

Now I know what Digging for Victoria is !!! I kept seeing this heading on the side of your blog, just did not associate with a book.

Okay already looking great material for a film, I’m a visual thinker. No idea who is with who and who loves who, which is a good thing, keep the audience guessing. Can I pick the actors, how about Kevin Spacey?

French Fancy... said...

ok - Clive Owen as Connor - I can see this as a film quite easily.I think it could be a bit chick-flicky for me but for that genre it certainly sounds interesting (gosh I hope I didn't sound rude there)

tracey (aka rainbowmummy) said...

tick, gold star and smiley face xx

Lane Mathias said...

Sounds like you've got a really good story there and the characters and plot sound interesting.

From what I've gleaned (and it's not much) a synopsis has to say exactly what happens in the story, including the ending. In that way it differs from a 'blurb' which gives a taster of what to expect but doesn't give away the plot.

x

claire p said...

Thanks all. I was worried that it wouldn't make sense. I know that you should give away the ending in a synopsis. But I recently read an interview with an agent who said she prefered not to know. She said it made her more likely to call the manuscript in if something had been held back in the synopsis. So I'm going with that for now.

Lucy Diamond said...

I love it! Sounds great - really interesting characters and storylines. I want to read it now!

Casdok said...

Sounds interesting - room for a few twists!
Good luck!

Deborah Carr (Debs) said...

I loved this, and would definately want to read it. Well done.

Fiona Mackenzie. Writer said...

I love the title and I think you have got this synopsis just right.

I would love to read more.

Leigh Forbes said...

Gawd, I couldn't even begin to write a synopsis; I'm having enough trouble making sense of what I've got without having to summarise it...

Yours, on the other hand, looks fab! I am so looking forward to reading this! More please...some extracts, perhaps?

DJ Kirkby said...

I've done your synopsis challenge. Scary!

Michelle said...

Interesting idea Claire. I am not a romance reader but it does sound a great premise for an idea. Love the name Connor (my little 7 year old is called Connor so I guess I am a little biased!)
Next time you are Launceston way, post me a comment and maybe we can meet up!

Maddy said...

Yes that's the tease. As long as we want to read more you've nailed it.
Cheers