Wednesday 8 April 2009

And breath....

I've taken a few deep breaths and have started breathing again. I really shouldn't blog when I'm on a down, it makes me sound like such a whingey cow!


Anyway dad got on really well with his first Chemo session. He's a bit tired but other than that unaffected. He had two more sessions and then they'll do another scan and take it from there. Thank you for all your good wishes, it means a lot.


On the writing front. Well I have done two read throughs of DV and made lots of notes. I've just started doing the proposal stuff (synopsis etc) and then I'll get the first three chapters polished. So how do you do it? What order do you do it all in? I'll get those magic first three chapters ready and then polish the rest while I wait for the first round of rejections to flood in!


The garden is less weedy that it was. I will post pics when it's looking better and you can actually see some difference. Not that I'll be doing much out there for a few days. I've started with a massive sore throat and that skanky 'head in a bucket' feeling you get with the start of a cold. I shouldn't be surprised as Jamie has been snotty for a few days. And his ear infection is back. So another visit to the docs looks on the cards. Ho hum, chocolate is in order I think.

9 comments:

HelenMWalters said...

You make me feel so guilty. I haven't touched my novel for months - and I must, I really must. But work, and writing short stories and articles, and looking after four cats takes every second of my time. Aaaagh

tracey (aka rainbowmummy) said...

I disagree, you should blog when you feel like that. We are your friends and we care about you. Life has it's ups and downs, and you are allowed to talk about both, blogging should never be sugar coated, other wise we'll think you are perfect and we'll all feel like crap.

Paulene Angela said...

I thought of you the other day, our local radio station was interviewing Catherine Ryan Hyde author of Pay it Forward. All she ever wanted to be in her life was an author. Do you know how many times she got turned down by publishers? You'll be amazed, I was, well over 150 times!!! hell most people would give up, I don't know if I would bounce back after so many knocks. But not her, she kept going, and finally we know the present story.

Wishing you all the best, step by step.

DAB said...

Tell you what why not go out and get yourself a bumpy supply of Easter Eggs. Retire to a warm bed and stuff your face. Sod Lempsip chocolate rules OK. Have a great Easter and look after yourself m'dear. TFx

Blu said...

Hello, I still have the last chapter to read on your story, I hope it doesnt disapear!!!!

Hope you are feeling better soon Blu x

Frankies' Cornish Farmyard Ramblings said...

sorry your feeling poorly, i went to docs on Monday ear infection and sinusus as well. Guess who's getting loads of help and being looked after so well? Guess again cos it ain't me!
I might try the chocolate route presently feel like head in gold fish bowl!
Frankie

French Fancy... said...

I'm with rainbow mummy on this - we are your bloggy friends and we love you and want to be there for when you offload so that as a group we can try and cheer you up.

Shame about the cold though.

claire p said...

You are all so lovely. I seem to be always saying that. But it really helps.

The cold is better than it was, just snotty now, very atractive.

Pauline; thanks for the vote of confidence, I'll keep going.

Blu; It's not going anywhere, I hope. If it goes then it's blogger not me.

DJ Kirkby said...

I just started writing again after a month or more off. I seem to do it in phases. Loved your most perfect description of the begining of a cold. I reccomend brandy with that chocolate :) Glad your dad's first experience of chemo went ok.