Monday 20 April 2009

Nobody loves me, sniff :0(

Nobody wants to play Pay it Forward with me! I only asked for three of you. I promise good pressies, honest. It's pathetic, no one has had to beg for players before. The cold's gone now and I did wash this morning, so it's safe to come near me.



Except that I look like a post box! We went to New Mills farm park near Launceston. We went with Little Rays of Sunshine (of which I am now Secretary apparently). The kids had a great time. Jamie loved the trampoline and the sand pit. I would show you the photos only I took them on the phone and I can't get it to transfer them to the computer !!!! Anyway it was a fantastic day so the kids were all smothered in sun cream. Trouble was I didn't do the same for myself. Now I know I'm blond (very sometimes) but I never used to take the sun, at all. I could lay in it for hours and nothing. But since I had Jamie I seem to have become prone to tanning, and burning. The trouble is there haven't been enough good summers in the last five years for me to remember this. So yesterday I came home lobster like. The bath was bloody agony this morning. I was glad I didn't have to face the great British public today, my face got quite a dose. My arms are the worst. Note to self, long sleeved tops!

9 comments:

Paulene Angela said...

Oh you're making me feel so bad for not going ahead with the pay it forward. Sob sob.

I really can sympathise with you and the sunburn, yes it's rather a painful reminder for the next sunny day.

A little story for you ....... at the age of 16, whilst on holiday in Wales, I spent the day with friends walking around, it was not a particularly sunny day but there was that haze and heat. That evening I felt really bad, hot/cold shaking, it just did not seem to stop, however no sunburn, somehow I managed to drop off to sleep.

Next morning I awoke feeling like death, a sensation so strong there was no way for me to control my actions, this unease continued for sometime it was the most horrible experience. I remember asking God to save me by letting me die!, I had no strength left to fight. Sometime after, I entered into what I can only describe as a beautiful painless experience, there was no black or no white, I saw this amazing warm light all around me, oh what relief the pain had finally gone, I had no idea where I was but it was heaven I felt great, I felt love, let me stay.

I awoke to the ambulance staff saying "we're taking you to the hospital". I had completely passed out, cause severe sunstroke. My friends had called the ambulance where they saw me turning grey.

When in the sun or a hazy day, apart from the protection cream, words of "painful" wisdom .... always wear a hat and drink lots of water and have lots of safe fun.

Glad to hear that you are okay, take care.

Caroline said...

I think most of us have done pay it forward now. But still, boo hoo. I would have 'done it' with you if I hadn't already 'done it' with JJ, because you are very very lovely and I am sure that your pressies would have been fabulous.

Does that help, even a little bit? x

tracey (aka rainbowmummy) said...

Oh honey!! I thought you had your three from the first comments on that post!

To be honest, I am sure I'd best not, I want to send somethiing up to you which would break the chain.

Everybody loves you, how could we not!! Your emails save me from myself, I adore an honest person with a dirty sense of hummorxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

tracey (aka rainbowmummy) said...

*slaps back and runs away laughing*

DAB said...

Stop sniffing Lobster! I would play BUT I'm the worst buyer of presents known to man or woman should I say. I suppose I could of used it to get rid of some of my old tat!! (evil laugh);-) TFX

French Fancy... said...

oh you poor sweetie (but I'm going to remain blissfully ignorant about this forward lark). anyway it probably doesn't count if you are out of the UK (she added hopefully)

Sun Block is your best friend

Lane Mathias said...

Oh we do love you, honesty honest we do. I've not done Pay It Forward because it would be something to add to my five mile long 'to do' list so I would be hopeless.

Hope the sunburn is better and has developed into a golden tan. And did you remember to use some aftersun?

HelenMWalters said...

We all love you x

Luckyluke said...

Don't try to fix the students, fix ourselves first. The good teacher makes the poor student good and the good student superior. When our students fail, we, as teachers, too, have failed.solar panelExtended Warranty