Friday 2 January 2009

New years resolutions (!!)

Welcome 2009, please wipe you feet as I've just shampooed the carpet.

So is anyone making new years resolutions then? Every year I think about it, then decide not because I never stick to them. I thought I might try again this year. So here goes (if I make them public I might stick to them!!!).

Write more, and be more organised about it.

Get published if it kills me.

Be a better mum to Jamie.

Stop letting my own mother get to me so much.

Be calmer (when you suffer from anxiety disorder this is harder than it sounds).

Organise my time better.

Loose 2 stone (this has been on my list every year since I was 17!! never happened yet!).

Read all those books that sit there glaring at me, and don't buy anymore until I have.

No more fish tanks (3 is enough!). Although I'm with Bonnie on the Siamese fighters the house is not big enough!

Get a handle on Jamie's autism.


These are in no order of impotence. And I make no promises that in 12 months I won't be in exactly the same place I am now (oh God I hope not). But one thing the last four years had taught me is that you just don't know what is going to happen. I give you permission to nag and give me a kick up the bum now and then (just not too hard, I bruise easy).

10 comments:

DAB said...

Just shampooed the carpet! Blinkin' 'eck woman, slow down - housework can always wait now go sit down and read a book :) TFx

HelenMWalters said...

I can relate to a fair few of those! Good luck with them!

tracey (aka rainbowmummy) said...

No worries I am a "take of your shoes if you want to live" kinda girl! (yes the girl with the damp house, people think I am mad, so I won't mind if you do too!).

Good luck with the book, that to me is amazing! I too need to work at being a better mother. I have anxiety too! I am disorganized! I nee to lose two stone! God, at least when you are all wonderful by 2009 you can look back at your old self (me) in pity! No really good luck with it all, and I got back to you at mine. Just wanted to say thank you, it was so nice to hear from some one that had lived with the same type of house problems.

Deborah Carr (Debs) said...

My carpets are lucky if they get a quick look at the vacuum.

My resolutions are the same as most of yours, so here's hoping we do stick to some of them at least.

Have a great 2009. x

A Bishops Wife said...

Hi, I found you on "rainbowmummys" organizing the jellybeans blog.

I will be coming back often and hope to read more vary soon.

tracey (aka rainbowmummy) said...

Hey what's with the ""s? rainbowmummy is my real name! LOL

Tamsyn Murray said...

Looks like a good list there - good luck with sticking to them :-)

Michelle said...

Great list Clai8re, although maybe you should add one more:
Must not beat self up about being bad mum, see that Jamie adores you and that you are the best mum in the whole world to him!!!

Us mums are good at self deprication, so I will resolve to do this one too!!

Some great goals there my dear, I've done a similar list on my blog too!!

Leon1234 said...

Great resolution! That looks great..

Leigh Forbes said...

I think you just wrote my list for me. Thank you!