Tuesday 6 January 2009

Minus Four! But no snow.

Jamie had his first appointment of the year today. We had to go to Holsworthy after school to see the eye lady. He did NOT want to co-operate. Every time she held up a card he looked everywhere else except at the card. He was totally in Jamie land. He can be so unpredictable. He was good, no paddying or stropping, he just smiled sweetly and looked the other way. Still she was reasonably happy and doesn't want to see him again until April.

On the way home the thermometer on the car said minus 4!!! This is Cornwall for goodness sake! Thank goodness they came and insulated the roof back in the autumn. All this cold and still no snow. Everyone else seems to be getting snow except me. I'm a big kid about snow, I love it. Mind you know I can drive I might not like it quite so much. We have had it a couple of times. The village is so beautiful in the now. It's been looking quite nice with all the frost, very Christmas cardy.

I've just been looking back over some older posts and I saw that I rashly promised myself I'd have the first draft of DV finished by my birthday, Hahahaha. Easter maybe. My birthday is six weeks(ish) away and I'm only just over half way. Still considering Mulberry Gin took several years, on and off, to finally get right I don't think I'm doing too bad. My diary says I started DV on 13th August '08 and I'm half way, not bad all things considered.

7 comments:

Leigh Forbes said...

Oh, I can picture your Jamie at his appointment - that is such a familiar image!

Lane Mathias said...

We had a minus eight last night but still no real snow. Like you I like to look at it but really don't like to drive in it.

Glad the eye appointment went ok:-)

Deborah Carr (Debs) said...

It is horribly cold isnt it.

Re the book covers on your blog, this is what I do:
Go to Google, Images, type in name of book. Right click on image and save in My Pictures on my computer.

Go to Layout in your blog, then Add a Gadget, Configure Image, then type in the name in the relevant space, click on (I think Add Image?) then (doing this from my dreadful memory now) Attach image or something like that and go to where you've saved the pic and click on Select.

Any problems, get back to me and I'll have another look.x

Bonnie said...

I am so envious that you live in Cornwall. I read the "Shell Seekers" many years ago and always wanted to visit there, but never made it.
Could you post some photos sometime of what you see outside your window?
I am glad Jamie's eyes are good! That has to be a relief.

HelenMWalters said...

You are doing well with the novel. We've had snow but it's going now.

Marcie Steele said...

Hi, I've just popped over from the novel racers. Welcome to blogging and good luck with the agent and this publishing lark!

Kat W said...

I've just left a comment on Karen's blog about the lack of snow here in Cornwall - my kids are desperate for it. But then I remember that we get so many beautiful landscapes and wonderful places here in Cornwall & so I can't be too upset. If I ever get any money I'll take my kids away to somewhere snowy - they'd love it! Saying all that.....I'm really hoping we do get some snow, it would be fab for the kids (& me)!

Glad Jamie's appointment went ok. I'm sure, looking as cute as he does, the doctors forgive any lack of cooperation :-)

Kat :-)