Wednesday 31 December 2008

It's nearly over!!

Well I have to say I'm glad 2008 is almost over. As I said in the last post it's a year not to be forgotten in a hurry. At the same time I have a lot to be thankful for. We finally got a new roof, so no more buckets in my office! And as a result of all the mess the builders made we had to decorate and have some new carpets ( the old ones came with the house 15 years ago and were put down in the '70's). We now have a home rather than a house, which makes such a difference.

The week of Richard's heart attack was probably the worst of my life. But it has made him slow down and make some much needed changes. The business is finally not his first priority. It also made me realise that perhaps I'm stronger than I thought I was.

Jamie had a good Christmas. He never takes much notice, and this year was no exception. No interest in the lights or decs etc. But he did help open his pressies this year, and play with one or tow instead of waving them bye bye and handing them back! He's still not speaking, but he has settled really well at school and has developed computer skills far beyond his years. I'm starting to think that maybe he'll be ok, in the short term anyway.

My writing has gone really well. As you will see from the word meter Digging for Victoria is just over half way (I'll refer to it as DV from now on I think). I only started it in the summer. Mulberry Gin is with an agent. I never thought I would get to the point of finishing anything let alone sending it out. It has sooo many rejections before someone took interest. I'm keeping everything crossed, touching wood etc that she says yes, please let her say yes! But even if she says no in the end, at least the experience had made me more determined to be a writer and write all the other novels that are queuing up.

Whatever you're doing have a good night tonight. I hope the new year brings you whatever it is you want from it. And I hope the old year doesn't leave too many scares.
Thanks for all you kind comments, and for making me smile with your own blogs. xx.

4 comments:

DAB said...

I too will be glad to see the back of 2008.I much prefer odd numbers -so let's just hope 2009 is a good one for us all :) TFx

HelenMWalters said...

I can't wait for 2008 to be over. So here's to a fab 2009!

tracey (aka rainbowmummy) said...

Hey thanks so much for adding me!!

Hmm 2008 sucked for me, no heart attacks and you know pretty well my views on Egg and his autism (all fine) but the house and my depression are destroying me. I hope this time next year I am sorted out a bit. Ugh sorry for ranting!

Have a happy new year!

claire p said...

It sounds like no one had a good 2008.

Tom Foolery; Here here.

HelenMHunt: Dito.

Rainbowmummy; you rant as much as you like, I do.