Sunday 30 August 2009

Catching up...again!

It's been a while again hasn't it? Sorry.

Ok so what has been going on in Claire land? Well those of you who Face book with me (click the link, you know you want to) will know that Richard and I celebrated our ninth wedding anniversary last week. We have actually been together eighteen years (yes I was 16), but only married for the last nine. I had a lovely bouquet of flowers delivered, bless him, he never forgets.

Some of you also know of my tattoo plans (thanks for the sound effects Blu!!). A few of you know what I'm having and where, but I'm not telling here. I will post a photo when the deed has been done on the 8th Sept. Listen for the screaming about ten in the morning!!

Jamie is fully recovered now. His tummy scar is still a little sore, but this is as much to do with the plaster as the wound itself. It seems he has inherited a tendency to be allergic to some dressings. We shall have to watch that in future. I wish I had half his energy. He was up at 2am this morning, went back to sleep for a hour around 7.30, and he's bouncing round like he's had 12 hours!!! Now I remember when 2am was the time to crawl into bed after doing something your mother wouldn't approve of (although my parents were so liberal and laid back they were almost horizontal!). Now I'm groping around for my glasses so that I can change a nappy and a wet bottom sheet, oh how did my life get this glam!!

Still at least the silly season is almost over. Yesterday was the last busy changeover day, we hope. It's just so intense for about eight weeks, manic. Then we get the rest of the year off, in theory. But the best laid plans and all that. Are we taking bets on a rush of late lets for the autumn? Not that I should knock it, it's our living after all. Or it is for now. The novelty has well and truly worn off and next year might be our last year. No idea what we'll, or rather what Rich, will do instead but hey something will turn up, usually dose.

So that's us for now. x

7 comments:

HelenMWalters said...

You always sound incredibly busy. Good luck with the tattoo - rather you than me!

Deborah Carr (Debs) said...

I can't wait to see the pic of your tattoo. They're painful for the first five minutes or so, then somehow it doesn't seem so bad.

Glad Jamie has recovered and that you'll soon not be quite so busy.

French Fancy... said...

I know I'm the most old-fashioned blogger in the world but I don't like tattoos. There, I've said it - please don't hate me.

I also have an allergy to certain dressings. I had my gall bladder out a few years ago - it was done the traditonal way (cut and slice) and the nurse had to visit me at home to change my dressing every day. Well, my reaction to 'le Scotch' was almost as bad as the original wound. It got infected and was very nasty. They really need to work on a hypo-allergenic wound dressing

x

Carol said...

I so can't wait to see what you get!!! I'm still pondering a fourth....

Debs is right...the pain really isn't that bad!!

C x

DAB said...

A tattoo - sounds VERY interesting indeed :) TFx

Casdok said...

Belated happy anniversary. Good to hear Jamie has recovered well.
Good luck with the tattoo tomorrow!

Bonnie said...

I know I talk to you on FB too but thought I would comment! Glad to here Jamie is doing well, but the allergy stuff sucks doesn't it?
I can't wait to see the tattoo, I think it's very brave of you.
Can I tell you that I have a site meter and its amazing how many hits I get from the UK on my blog via your blog!? Thanks!