Monday 17 August 2009

Bad blogger!!!

Oh dear it has been too long since I blogged!! The culprit is Face Book. Because so many of you are there I can catch up with you all and forget about my poor blog!

So what has been happening in Claire land recently. Honestly? Well not much actually. And to be honest that's been nice after the last few weeks of madness. Dad is getting better by the day. Jamie has bounced right back (and not sleeping much, so we know he's fine!!).

You will all (especially a couple of you, you know who you are) be please to know that I have decided to leave the Twilighting to FB and not bore you all with it on here. I heard that round of applause Annicles!!

I had an email from my agent the other day to say that she was very positive about selling DV, so fingers crossed. She seems to think we may start to hear something next month when the hols are over. I am living proof that it can be done, so all of you fellow writers out there don't despair and keep going.

And to go off on another random angle. I have decided to start trying to potty train Jamie again. We gave it a go last summer, but with no luck. If anyone out there has any hints for potty training a profoundly autistic child who is also non verbal, then please share.

9 comments:

Casdok said...

All sounds very positive! Wish i could be of help with the potty training but didnt get C dry till only a few years ago and even now he has accidents. But dont let that put you off, they all do it in their own time. Best of luck!!

Deborah Carr (Debs) said...

Glad to hear your dad and Jamie are doing so well.

Keeping fingers crossed for good news with the sale of DV.

Carol said...

Facebook is addictive isn't it!!!

I'm so glad to hear that your Dad is getting better by the day and that Jamie is doing so well too!!

Only have cats so no potty training tips I'm afraid but I wish you luck!!

C x

French Fancy... said...

Wow claire - your positivity is shining through with lots of good things around you atm. This is going to be good for you from here on in - I have a feeling :)

x

DJ Kirkby said...

Potty training...hmmm...we had lots of false starts and in the end just relaxed about it all. N3S is almost 7 and mostly dry now during the day, just a couple of accidents each day but we haven't even started trying to get him dry at night yet. So happy your dad and Jamie are feeling better. I am not much of a facebooker as you've probably noticed. Brill news about DV. I've had a major 'setback' with Without Alice, my book that was due to be published this month. I will blog all about it on Sunday. xo

DAB said...

Good news about your Dad, Jamie and DV. My fingers are firmly crossed (once I finished typing this obviously) ;-) TFx

Blu said...

Glad that all is well, Facebook whats that all about then?

Krystal said...

Glad to hear evrything is looking up. Sorry to say though that I do not have much advice on potty training except that you need to do it like a person would quit smoking - cold turkey. You have to take away the diapers, pull ups, etc. and make it a routine to take him to the potty every fifteen minutes and then spreading apart the increments gradually. Also, keep track of the times he goes so you can see the pattern in it - especially the BM - it gets messy but this is the way we did it with my oldest son - my second son, still working on it so I'll let you know how that one goes. Good luck!!!

Paulene Angela said...

I imagine with summer you have been really busy too Claire. All reading well, I'm really happy for you.

Regarding the Potty training ... we skipped that sit down part. I brought a smaller toilet seat that fitted on top of a conventional seat and a little step. The potty was only ever used for peep peep in the stand up male position. I used to get Max to go a watch his father in the bathroom and dad had to shout out "peep peep" beforehand (stop laughing).

What I do remember was when he signalled and later learnt to say "peep peep" we had to move really fast, like in less than a minute, he could not hold back, so yes the potty was useful in that respect.

It's all coming back now, firstly I timed when he had a drink and calculated approx. 30 mins. after and initially took him to the toilet, then after a few weeks/months of routine we went on to stage 2 for him to give us the clue.

Email me if you have anymore questions because I could go on and on and bore all your readers.