Sunday 9 August 2009

Catching up...






We're back. Properly this time, not dashing off again. It has been a some what intense week or so.




First of all the wedding. It was wonderful. I think the pics say it all really. Everyone had a great time. It was a shame we couldn't stay till the bitter end. But it was a child free wedding so Jamie spent the day with my aunt. We didn't want to leave him there too long so we left about eight. But it was worth the 250 miles and the jam on the M5! One of the best things was realising that I'm not the only 30something Twilighter! (this is my blog and I'll Twilight if I want to!). Arrangements are being made for a girlie weekend when 'New Moon' come out in November.



And then we were off to Bristol. They do everything they can to make it all as easy as possible, but it's still hard. Apart from anything else there is so much waiting around.
The op itself didn't go as well as expected. They had a problem getting the shunt tube where they wanted which meant a quick trip to the scanner and then back to theatre to redo it. We didn't know any of this until it was all over fortunately.
Throughout it all Jamie was a star. And now he seems back to his old self (he was up at 2.30 this morning so he must be feeling better). Fingers crossed that this is it. There will be follow ups of course, and other appointments for his other conditions, but hopefully the hydrocephalus is sorted.







8 comments:

HelenMWalters said...

Glad Jamie's doing well x

Paulene Angela said...

I do hope you can all move positively forward. Well done Jamie, mum and dad.

French Fancy... said...

It seems like so much has been happening in your life lately - good and not so good. Let's hope it is all good for a long while now

xx

Annicles said...

Of course Jamie was a star - look at his mum! I am sending him some severy strong sleep thoughts to get him through tonight though!!!!

Carol said...

Awww the wee soul!! I hope he's doing ok!!

The wedding sounds fab but where is the picture of you in your black dress and red heels?

C x

Ps. I'm going to have to ask....what is Twilight?

Deborah Carr (Debs) said...

Glad to hear Jamie is doing well. x

My daughter keeps insisting I watch Twilight, so I really should do so as it sounds so good and that photo certainly makes me want to.

Love the wedding pics. Looks great fun. Fab colours too.

claire p said...

Thank you all for your kind thought for Jamie.

Carol; Someone did take a pic of me with the dress and shoes, not sure who now, but it's on facebook. I was mostly taking the photos thoughX

thrillpier said...

carried only a small brown sack with his lunch. After lunch, he smashed his soda can flat, folded the paper sack, and put them both in his back pocket. So during the warm afternoon, he didn’t carry a thing!
traje de novioSandwich Shop Glasgow