Wednesday 9 September 2009

Call yourself a writer....

The lovely DJ Kirkby tagged me to do this meme.

Which words do you use too much in your righting? - Really, I know I do but still do it.

Which words do you consider overused in stuff you read?- Too many exclamation marks are a pain, but no words in particular, not in general anyway.

What is your favorite piece of writing by you?- A couple of short stories I wrote. 'Living the Dream' and 'Dolphin Creature'.

Which blog do you wish you'd written? -All the ones I follow!

Regrets. Do you have a few? Is there anything you wish you hadn't written? -In a word, no.

How has your writing made a difference?/What do you consider your most important piece of writing? - I would never be that presumptuous!

Name three favorite words? -(I know I can't say Twilight three times!). Richard and Jamie.

And three words you're not keen on?- All words are right if they are used well.

Do you have a writing mentor, role model or inspiration? - No mentor. And too many inspirations to mention here. I love Katie Fforde, Virginia Wolfe, Alice Walker......

What's your writing ambition? To get published. And if I can make some money at it so much the better.

So now I have to tag people. The trouble is those I would have tagged have already been tagged! So if you like this and want to do it then consider yourself tagged! (I'm doing the explanation mars thing aren't I?)

10 comments:

Annicles said...

Really - I loved your short story that you put on your blog while ago. i hope you get published too! Really!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Haha - too many exclaimation marks.

French Fancy... said...

I am guilty of the exclamation mark thing and also smileys (blush)

HelenMWalters said...

I use way too many exclamation marks and ellipses. I'm editing a lot out at the moment.

Carol said...

I am very guilty for overusing exclamation marks....and smileys but then I'm not a writer (my excuse and I'm sticking to it!!)

You will get published hon, you write beautifully!!

C x

Deborah Carr (Debs) said...

I always want to use exclamation marks too.

DJ Kirkby said...

Oooh I love the word twilight too!

DAB said...

Great tag !!!!!!!!!!!!!!! TFx

thrillpier said...

It wasn’t a very hot day, and my backpack wasn’t very heavy. But those old canvas backpacks didn’t
fit very well and they were hot against your back. I noticed that George, one of the other scouts.
traje de novioSandwich Shop Glasgow

createforumsfree said...

4 Quick Tips For Weight Loss – Though It Is Simple, It Works!
It always feels good to have a slim physique. In this modern trend there are many
diet planning advice and equipments available for weight loss.
active directory auditnevada job list

createforumsfree said...

Now you might be thinking “sure, I’ve heard these “high-quality” claims before, but I’ve just been
disappointed time and time again…” Well, let me show you some proof.
how to regrow hairGratis seksdate