Tuesday 30 June 2009

It had better be woth it!!!!!

How hard can it be to book a coach ticket online and then print it off? VERY HARD INDEED!!!!
I booked my coach up to Northampton, where I will be sleeping on friends floor (very dignified), for Friday. I chickened out of driving, apart from anything else it's too hot. Anyway the booking all went smoothly. As did booking the train home from London for Sunday. The train ticket arrived yesterday in the post, lovely. The coach ticket, AHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!

They send you an email to confirm your booking, and a link to view and print your e-ticket. Easy I thought. Except it won't let me! I've been going round in circles for three days now. Endless phone calls to National Express. They assure me that as long as I have the booking ref, and all the numbers they've given me then I can still travel. I just have visions of being on a platform with the bus about to leave and the driver refusing to let me on because I haven't got the actual ticket. I could be stranded hundreds of miles from home. Ok I know that's what credit cards are for. But I really don't need the extra stress. This weekend had better be worth it!!

Dad's surgery has been brought forward. He goes in Sunday. So I'm getting the train to Exeter so that I can see him Sunday night. Then they're going to operate Monday. I'm trying not to think about that. I'm hoping this weekend will take my mind off it all. But I'm going to miss Jamie sooooo much. I have never been away from him since he was in special care as a baby. What it Richard doesn't hear him in the night? What if he gets too stressed at me being gone? What if he doesn't miss me at all?

8 comments:

Deborah Carr (Debs) said...

I remember booking tickets for my step-son with them and getting dreadfully confused too.

Best wishes for your Dad's surgery, and hope all goes well with your travels and being seperated from your boy.

tracey (aka rainbowmummy) said...

He will miss you, he really will. Jamie will be fine too. Have a BLAST, and phone the ticket place and tell them to sort themselves the fuck out or you ant a refund.

HelenMWalters said...

Breathe, breathe, it will be fine. Hope you have a lovely time my sweet.

French Fancy... said...

Try not to worry about Jamie and his dad - they will be fine because Richard will know that you'll be worrying and he'll be on extra special 'Dad Duty'

As for your own dad - I'm rooting for you and your family. They wouldn't operate if they didn't think it was 'worth it'

Have a great time this weekend - you'll be fine with just the booking reference - the driver can always radio into his office to have them check it against their records

Kat W said...

Healing wishes to your Dad.

Don't worry about Richard & Jamie - they'll be fine. And of course Jamie will miss you. Just think of all the extra cuddles & appreciation (from J & R) you'll get when you return.

Hugs
Kat :-)

Paulene Angela said...

This weekend is going to be a ball.
Have a great time. I've changed the date in my diary for your dad.
Hugs P.

Frankies' Cornish Farmyard Ramblings said...

You sound like you need the break. Don't go all guilty on yourself else you will ruin the break. I am sure the washing and ironing will still be there when you get back and within an hour of being back you will wonder what you were worried for! As for your Dad it's out of your control, just say a little prayer.
take care.
Frankie

createforumsfree said...

Millions of companies are using article marketing to increase their exposure. The benefits are
tremendous, and you will fatten your wallet if you write articles consistently. Follow these tips for
writing top-notch articles.
Webcamseksvents