Thursday 2 July 2009

A new blog and a bit of news..

Right I'm off, well I will be in the morning. Finally got the bus ticket fiacso sorted. I did as rainbowmummy said and called them. I cancelled the email ticket and went into the tourist info place in town and bought a ticket, just like that. So now I have it in my Prada messenger bag (name dropper!!) all ready. And yes Pauline it is the show with Jason Donovan.

I am taking the camera but I'm not promising the quality of the photos. It will rather depend on how much alcohol is involved. And as I'm not driving.... Anyway You will get all the gory details next week. But I may put them on a new blog I have been invited to be part of. Dirty British Girls. I think the name speaks for itself!!! Please come and say hi.

So other news. Well poor Jamie has got something called ursicaria (I'm not sure it that's how you spell it.) He came up in a really itcy red rash all over his body on Tuesday evening. A trip to the docs revealed it's this ursicaria. It is an allergic reaction to something he's ingested, but no idea what. We keep a food diary for him because of his digestive problems, but nothing seems to be new to his diet. My first thought was oh well that's the trip off then. But he's fine. Still really happy and bouncy, just itchy. And Richard has more or less insisted I go and 'have a life' as he put it. But I shall leave my phone on all weekend.

And now for some news on the writing front. You may remember that a while ago I started subbing 'Digging for Victoria' to agents? Well a few weeks ago one came back and asked to read the whole thing. Well that happened with 'Mulberry Gin' but it came to nothing. However this time...well let's just say it's better news. Nothing has been signed yet so I'm not going to go into details.

So I will see you next week! By then there should be some news on dad. The op is Monday morning. Everything crossed. I hope my good news isn't going to be eclipsed by something really, really bad.

8 comments:

Deborah Carr (Debs) said...

Congratulations of the request to read the whole thing. I shall keep fingers and toes crossed for you.

Have a fab weekend. I'm sure Jamie will be fine. Richard is right, you must go and enjoy yourself, then come back and tell us all about it.x

Caroline said...

Have a great weekend and I am very excited about hearing your writing news! Ooooh!

Have fun x

Marcie Steele said...

I'll keep my fingers crossed that you have good luck with both issues. x

HelenMWalters said...

Yey for the good news about the book.

Anonymous said...

Good luck with the book, lucky girl. Over here from Halo's blog.

Think the word is urticaria which simply means skin rash,nontechnical name: Hives, nettle rash... nothing to worry about.

denise said...

I hope you've had a wonderful, relaxing weekend and I pray that your dad's surgery goes well and is successful. Super exciting news about being contacted about your writing!

French Fancy... said...

Bit late arriving but your post made me very happy for you. You deserve for things to go your way and I've got everything for crossed

Lucy Diamond said...

Oooooooh! Claire, what wonderful news! Sounds really promising, fingers crossed.
I've had urticaria, it's like nettle rash, isn't it? There's a homeopathic thing that brings it down - urtica urens I think it's called.