Wednesday 17 June 2009

A rather boring post. Sorry.

Well it was summer here for three days. Yes a whole three days! But normal service had been resumed and today has been wet. And not just rain, thick fog! In June.

I have to say that not a lot has changed. Dad had another overnight stay in Exeter hospital. They finally did the tests they were supposed to do two weeks ago. So now we wait. He's eating better now though.

We had Jamie's TAC meeting at school today. It went very well. They are very happy with him. In fact they love him to bits! And he's not the baby anymore, they have a little girl started who is younger than him. He wasn't there this afternoon because Wednesday is horse riding. He loves it apparently. They have taken some photos so I hope they'll let us have copies. It seems that he won't hold on though. He sits in the saddle and flaps with joy as someone holds him on! I can just see it. Bless him.

Ok I have the telly on and they are talking about stuffing slugs, cooking them and eating them!! I think I might have just lost the will to live.

Oh yes and I'm now on facebook. I know I have always said I wouldn't go there like I need something else to stop me doing everything else I should be doing!! As soon as I can work out how to link to my page I'll put it up.

12 comments:

Annicles said...

This is going to be a lovely hot summer apparently! GET ON WITH IT!!!

I can't beleive Jamie gets to go horseriding every wednesday - how cool is that?!!! lucky boy!

Michelle said...

Riding is brilliant - did it all the time when I was a teenager. Does Jamie go to the RDA centre in Camelford? It is so therapeutic and great fun, glad he enjoys it.

Summer is coming, just need a few more days of wet stuff to make my grass seed grow!!!!

Look forward to your story, tell others you blog with about it, as it would be great to have loads of stories.
Michelle
x
PS I am possibly Bude way on the 9th July if you fancy a coffee??

Lane Mathias said...

Love the thought of Jamie so happy on horseback:-)

After a couple of days of rain and hail storms, I want to see the sun again. Badly!

(see you on Facebook:-)

Bonnie said...

hi! long time no comment! Glad to hear you're on Facebook! Let me know. My name is Bonnie Stonebraker Davis if you want to "friend" me!

Glad your boy is doing well. I remember Casey got to go horseback riding a few time and loved it when he was a wee one.

Fog? Is that unusual in June?

DJ Kirkby said...

Oh N3S loves horse riding too. Does Jamie's school take him? You are lucky! I have to drive an hour each way to take N3S to his riding lesson. Worth the trip though.

Paulene Angela said...

Have you read "The Horse Boy" written by Rupert Isaacson, topic, his autistic son Rowan and the family's amazing journey across Mongolia.

Not that I suggest you go to Mongolia, Cornwall is perfect.
Anyway I have not read the book yet, it's on my never ending list.

Glad Jamie is "clicking" with the horses.

DAB said...

Not boring at all m'dear. Horse riding sounds just fab :) TFx

HelenMWalters said...

Must try to find you on facebook!

Deborah Carr (Debs) said...

I saw that slug programme. Wasn't it that Fernley-Whittingstall chap?

I had to turn over when he decided to cut one open, eugh!!

Tamsyn Murray said...

We ride too and we love it. On my hen do I rode a horse called Lee, which coincidentally is the name of my now husband. Cue many dirty jokes!

Would love to see Jamie riding, though.

French Fancy... said...

How lovely that Jamie loves horses - I've only been on one a few times and each time I was terrified.

Claire, I've sent you a Friend Request on Facebook -

sorry your dad is back in hospital - good news that he has his appetite back though.

denise said...

How great that you and your little Jamie's school are "on the same page". When I worked in special ed in our jr. high, I could see how difficult it was for parents who were at odds with the administrators, teachers, etc. The slug thing sounds absolutely disgusting. I guess I'd eat something gross if my life depended on it, but just thinking about it makes me want to gag! I sure hope the results on your dad will be coming soon and be good.