Sunday 27 September 2009

Bad Blogger, again *hangs head*.

I know, I know. I'm getting really lax at this since becoming a face book addict! The trouble is that most of you are on there so I can catch up with you all everyday. And now I have discovered Twitter as well (thanks Caroline) and so many of you are also there....oh dear. Anyway I promise to try and keep more up to date. And I also promise that, from now on this blog will be a Twilight/Rob free zone (unless something really exciting happens).

So to catch up. Well very exciting was winning a book from the always fab DJ Kirkby. 'Motorbikes, ducks and crispy sweet apples' by Christopher I King (her lovely hubby). I'm looking forward to reading it. As well as Lucy diamonds new book 'Hens Reunited'. Trouble is I'm not reading much at the mo. I seem to have a lot or random writing ideas popping into my head and evenings are spent getting them down on paper. But I will read them and post reviews here and on amazon I promise.

My other excuse is a snotty cold. And that Jamie has gone back to his nighttime antics (Annicles please help with the vibes!!).

Other news. I have lost a whole stone!! And have, just about, dropped a dress size. I am very chuffed. The trouble is I now have to keep pulling my jeans and skirts up!! But I'm not complaining.

Dad is much better. He's putting weight back on and, I hope, has turned a corner.

I still haven't got anymore writing news for you. The world of publishing moves sooooooo slowly. But I will post as soon as there's something to tell.

I love you all heaps. And I will try and be a better blog friend from now on xxx

15 comments:

French Fancy... said...

Hello again on here. I've not got the FB addiction really - my blog is my first love. As for Twitter - I joined for 20 minutes way back when and then realised I could get seriously addicted, so I deleted my account. Best thing I reckon - Twitter is a serious waste of time - a lot of fun though.

Shame about Jamie but brill news about everything else - especially your dad's improvement. It was directly after the first shock you received about him that I saw your grief-struck message on another blog and that prompted our connection. It seems ages ago now.

Fantastic news about the stone - I could so do with your willpower, although on HRT it is so difficult for me to shed the poundage - I do try, very hard, but it is shifting very slowly

DJ Kirkby said...

Great news about your dad and about your weight loss. How? I have lost a bit (as you know from fb) but not enough to get into my size 16s yet :(

tracey (aka rainbowmummy) said...

Claire, I am thrilled to hear about your dad!!!!!!

Ps I hate you for losing the weight, I mean well done yay you. Meh. I am so fat.

Carol said...

I love FB too but am still struggling with Twitter!! I must must must get round to reading the book I won on Caroline's site (Maybe I'll get a chance on the train to London tomorrow!)

Sorry to hear about Jamie but that is fab news about your Dad!! Hopefully he'll just keep on improving :-)

and yay you on the weight loss!! I need to get back to it...I've managed about a stone and a half so far but have not been trying properly for a while. (must pull finger out!!)

Good to see you back here :-)

C x

Kat W said...

Hi Claire
Fab that your Dad is gaining weight and doing well.
Also a big CONGRATULATIONS on losing a stone. I've been on a diet for the last few months. It has taken forever but have now lost a grand total of 16lb and bought the jeans size below this week. Very happy.
Right. Now to find you on Twitter. I tried to persuade you to do it and I have Caroline (thanks mate) to thank you've finally joined us over in Tweet land.
Hugs
Kat :-)

Casdok said...

Realy good news about your dad and you loosing a stone - well done!

Deborah Carr (Debs) said...

Pleased to hear your dad is putting on the weight and you're losing it.

Congratulations on the book winning too.

HelenMWalters said...

So glad to hear your Dad is improving.

Lane Mathias said...

Don't worry, I'm useless too at the moment.

Great news about your dad.

And a whole stone!

Blu said...

great news about Dad. You seem more light hearted at the present! maybe it is the weightloss teehee.

Kat W said...

Twitter is a good way of keeping up to date with everyone. Like you I'm also always behind keeping up with people's blogs. I am really trying to write regularly on my blog(trying). Ooh and like you I've lost just over a stone in weight. And like you have a silly bug.
Next I need to be just like you in the old business of getting an agent for my book.
Hugs
Kat X

Kat W said...

Hey, I am losing it. I already left a comment on this post nearly a month ago.
Now you have 3 comments. Oh dear. I won't be offended if you delete any.
Kat

simson12 said...

I can say your painting is far from crap if these are the results you produce! I'd be more than happy with that standard of painting. Thanks also for the tip of using a dark green-gray as a highlight for black. I will try it. I find a sand/buff color useful for red highlights.
alarm systems house

Igre

simson12 said...

Different fruits and vegetables produce different amounts of juice. It may surprise you when a carrot produces plenty of juice, but juicing a winter squash - which can seem just as dry (or moist) as carrots - isn't recommended. Winter squash provide almost no juice.
it support
com domain

simson11 said...
This comment has been removed by the author.