Monday 2 March 2009

Time flys!

Wow I can't believe it's been a week since I last posted! I wish I could regale you with all the fantastic and fascinating things I've been doing since last week, but I can't.

Life in a small village changes very little. This is a good thing really. I hate change. No, not quite right. I hate it when change is thrust upon me. If the change has been my own, then fine. The trouble is life ain't like that is it?

Still on a positive note I have a new laptop! We had to do the Sainsbury's run yesterday. And as that's a 25 mile trip we usually combine it with other things. This time it was a trip to PC World. The scanner died weeks ago and we needed to get a new one. Then last week Richard's printer went the same way. So we decided to get one of those combi unit things that do both. And there was this laptop winking at me. I've be thinking of a new one for a while, my old dinosaur is getting a bit past it, but have been put off by the hassle of transferring everything. But I couldn't resist. One thing life has taught me over the last few years, life is too short. So I decided to give the old credit card an airing.

Now I just have to figure out how to make it do what I want it to do. It's taken six years to get this one to do that!

New chapters of MG are on WNR.

9 comments:

tracey (aka rainbowmummy) said...

Yay, hat a lovely well desrved treat!! Don't let Jamie hog it, lol :0)

Lane Mathias said...

Enforced change is pants:-(

New laptop on the other hand isn't. Enjoy!

Cathy said...

i hate change, too. here's to a long life for your new computer!

Blu said...

Yippee......exciting a new laptop, have fun and enjoy...

Doing something unplanned can be fun sometimes.

HelenMWalters said...

New laptop - lucky you. Looking forward to reading more of MG

Kat W said...

Now that sounds like a good shopping trip. Considering how computers improve yearly - you'll probably find this new one super speedy and exciting. Great to hear your treating yourself - you deserve it!

Kat :-)

Kat W said...

OOoops! I do know that "your" should have read "you're" - I is a proper wreiter honeste. Kat

Michelle said...

Going to Sainsburys...comes back with a laptop. Hmmm! Great shopping trip! My hubby went out for milk and to pay a cheque in and came back saying he had bought a new car!
You just never know!
Michelle
x

Anonymous said...

Honey you deserved that laptop - it was calling to you so you could caontinue to write. Heck, everything happens for a reason right?