Tuesday 23 December 2008

HAPPY CHRISTMAS!!!




Ta Da!!

Finally got round to posting a pic of the tree, the lights are on but it was daytime so they don't show. The sleeping cat is Twinkle, her foot seems much better now.
Have spent the morning doing battle, no other word for it, around Sainsbury's. But it's all done, all bought. The door is shut and the world can go hang for a couple of days now! I shall spent tomorrow cooking for Cornwall, but I confess to quite liking that.
I had a nasty bought of something like flu over the weekend and was wiped out for two days. It's doing the rounds everywhere it seems. Had the saw throat from hell. But getting better now. And the wood burner id finally back in and working, so toasty fires over Christmas. There were times this year when I looked at this house and thought we were never going to be able to live in it again.
I think this year will go down as one never to be repeated. It started in January when the builders turned up to strip the old roof off and we moved out, and just snowballed. In February my mother (a very complicated relationship, best not to ask) announced that she didn't want the roof doing and we should wait until she was dead before we did it, never mind that this house is the only thing Jamie and I will have for our future, no as long as she wasn't inconvenienced in any way (bad). In April I finally passed my driving test (good). I finished my first novel and finally got it out on the rounds (good). In August Richard had a heart attack (v bad). In July we moved back in (good). In September one agent asked to have my manuscript (v good). Also in September Jamie started school (good/bad). In October he was diagnosed with Autism (?). Actually when you look at it it hasn't been such a crap year, just a very stressful one. But one that will stick with me.
HAPPY CHRISTMAS AND HAPPY NEW YEAR!
























5 comments:

HelenMWalters said...

That's quite a year you've had. Have a great 2009.

Deborah Carr (Debs) said...

Hope you all have a wonderful Christmas and 2009. x

tracey (aka rainbowmummy) said...

Yeah, I so get you with all that stress!! When your child has autism it is easy to think it is that that causes all of your stress, but like you say, it's actually the other stuff.

You have a beautiful tree :0) Hope you all have a fantastic Christmas and I hope that 2009 is a little less stressful x

Tamsyn Murray said...

What a fab tree. Hope you had a wonderful Christmas and that 2009 is less stressful for you.

DAB said...

Thanks for popping over to my blog. I've read all your posts hope you don't mind. What a year you've had a real mixed bag. I'll put you on my bloglist if that's OK with you. Bring on 2009 :) TFx