Monday 10 November 2008

Slow progress and bloody rain!

Is it ever going to stop raining? Went to Barnstaple yesterday to the fish shop (this is becoming a Sunday pilgrimage) to get the first few fish for the new tank, and, as my grandmother would say, it didn't stop to rain! Stair rods, cats and dogs, nothing comes close. Just as we got around the corner near one of the Hartland turns off the A39 we saw a horrible accident ahead. We were about ten cars back so thankfully we couldn't see anything. It must have just happened because there were suddenly ambulances screaming past and the air ambulance overhead. We didn't hang around and took the back roads through Hartland. I pray no one was badly hurt.

My writing has become snail like. I try to do an hour or two every evening but somehow it isn't happening at the moment. I've only got up to 39 thousand words. That sounds a lot but it's only four thousand in about two weeks. Not good enough, must try harder. Hopefully once I've finished painting the kitchen I can grab a bit of time in the day when Jamie's at school. I had such plans for all this time I was going to have once he'd started school. So far none have been put into practice. Mind you it's been impossible to get up to the field to the veg beds with all this ruddy rain!

We have an appointment for Jamie's next lumber puncture. It's going to be next Tuesday. The last one was successful and we saw some improvements in his concentration for a few weeks. This time they will draw off more fluid and see if that makes more difference for longer. If so they may finally decide to go ahead with the shunt. Wish us luck.

2 comments:

Michelle said...

My writing is like this constantly at the moment. I am grabbing writing time when i have a window which makes it very sporadic and disjointed.
Will think of you next Tuesday for the lumber puncture, hope all goes well.
Cornwall does rain with style doesn't it!! I thinking of buying a small inflatable dinghy for our chickens!
Michelle
xx

claire p said...

Yes I think my feet may web if this carries on! Right now it it perfect sunshine, with a big black cloud over the atlantic just waiting. And the wind, don't get me started! But wouldn't want to be anywhere else.